Saturday, April 28, 2012

T minus 2 weeks

T minus 2 weeks until I leave.  Hard to believe.  
Well I've had lots of practice with travel this week.   5 flights in 7 days.  Trips to Portland to see Erin, Phoenix to do the final prep for Ireland and Los Angeles for Scott's choir concert.

I think I am ready to start packing.   I get 42 pounds in one suitcase.   Suitcase is 11 pounds.   It's one of the lightest I could find.   That leaves me 31 pounds.  I need work clothes, plus weekend, plus vacation.   It will rain most days so add in rain gear.   I will have to take public transit so figure in walking shoes as well as office shoes (can't very well show up in tennis shoes to work).   So I figure I get 20 pieces of clothing.   That is not a lot for 8 weeks.    This I want to do well so I am going to start laying out everything this week.

My trip to Arizona was good.  I met 2 really nice people going with me.   Keith Finkle is a really nice young man of 30 who has a great outlook on life - baseball, bbq and beer - and plans to follow those passions.   He got his intern placement with Evo Winery. Why didn't I say I wanted to work with wine!   Duh, I picked business stuff - stupid, stupid stupid.   He's a whole lot smarter than I am.  Keith is also blogging his trip.  Check out Mr Finkle Goes to Dublin.   I'll link to in my list if you want to check out his also.    I also met Terese.  Terese is about my age and has 3 kids of college age too.  She is interested in perhaps going to Rome or other adventures on the weekends so I'll have a travel buddy.   Ireland has a bank holiday on June 4 which I hope means a 4 day weekend.   Will most likely try to go somewhere at least that weekend.

It's getting close....





No comments:

Post a Comment